About Me

My photo
Widow, retired missionary, ordained minister, mother, grandmother and great grand mother. My Blog:https://ddeschampsblog.blogspot.ca/

Friday, February 2, 2024

No matter what we face, always rejoice in the Lord!


No matter what we face, always, yes always rejoice in the Lord! 

Rejoicing in the Lord means always having an attitude of contentment and hope that goes beyond our situations or circumstances. Although our hearts may be heavy with sorrow from life's trials and difficulties, beneath the surface is the unwavering, unshakable confidence that our God is sovereign and our lives are in His hands, so that even the hairs on our heads are all numbered. (Luke 12:7).

I have a passion for writing; therefore, I always carry a notebook with me so I can immediately write down when God speaks to my spirit, or if I see something in His wonderful nature or a picture that touches my heart and inspires me to pick up my pen. This picure made me pick up my pen.

This Blog article was inspirired after receiving this photo from my daughter while she was visiting a northern part of Prince Edward Island. Chantal knows that I like photos of scenic pictures, therefore every day when she is on vacation, she sends me pictures of beautiful sceneries. This picture is one that really touched my heart. Immediately, when I saw the green grass, the trees, the blue sky and the water, Psalm 96:12 came into my mind. It says: Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy”.   

In Philippians 4:4 the bible says: Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”  

The Lord wants every believer to experience this same kind of joy, especially when we go through difficult times. Joy is a fruit of the spirit that we must cultivate. By developing this fruit of the spirit, it will greatly improve our walk with the Lord and our quality of life.

Rejoicing in the Lord is not always or primarily a matter of feeling. Actually, it is rarely a matter of feelings or circumstances, but rather it is an act of obedience. If we are constantly depressed and overwhelmed by our problems and the joy of the Lord is not dominant in our lives, we are not effective witnesses for our Lord Jesus Christ. Neither can we be productive workers in the church and we are certainly not good witnesses for our families and in our environment. As children of God, it is our responsibility, and it should be also our goal to develop the joy of the Lord as our permanent way of life.

I certainly do not want to imply that we should ignore our feelings when we are going through difficult times. Absolutely not. But we must learn that during times of sadness, or difficulties, it is always better to give glory to God, not for the sadness or the trial we are experiencing, but to give glory to God because during these difficult times, He gives us unwavering joy.

Psalm 5:11 says: But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.” In Philippians 4:11-13 Paul has a very good explanation when he says: I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. 

Paul and Silas experienced this type of joy when they were unjustly incarcerated, their backs torn, their feet in the stocks, but they still sang hymns of praise to God. They understood that in all circumstances it is better to be content because when we are content, we are then free to rejoice. The joy in the Lord that we should all desire is not a superficial happiness based on circumstances or the absence of trials, but rather a solid, lasting satisfaction and hope that assures us that our God is faithful and that His promises He gave us in His Word, are true and are always available to every one of us.

Thank you for letting me share my heart with you through this article. In closing I declare Romans 12:12 that says:  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”

 Sincerely,

 Denise

 This picture was taken by my daughter Chantal and used in this BLOG with her permission.

All Scriptures references taken from the New International Bible.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Je travaille très fort la-dessus! Merci pour le rappel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane De LadurantayeFebruary 6, 2024 at 6:57 AM

    Thank you for sharing this blog, Denise! The JOY that comes from the Lord is our strength in all circumstances! We must never forget it. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Posts

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!   I have been inspired by the comments I received in response to some of my comments, thoughts, feelings and scriptur...