About Me

My photo
Widow, retired missionary, ordained minister, mother, grandmother and great grand mother. My Blog:https://ddeschampsblog.blogspot.ca/

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

A simple pink rose!


A few weeks ago, I had the privilege to attend my oldest granddaughter Rachel’s wedding. It was a special day, even the weather cooperated. All the details came together so she could have an outdoor ceremony in a venue that was made for a princess to have the wedding of her dreams. It was also a day filled with joy, many emotions and a few tears. In the reception hall Rachel had a picture of her grandpa Roger holding her when she was just about 9 months old. That was so very special. Grandpa would have been so very proud of her. Just as the ceremony was to start, my grandson Sam presented me with a beautiful simple pink rose. That pink rose is the subject of this blog. Aubrey was the very cute five years old flower girl throwing petals of flowers from her little white basket just before the bride made her walk down the aisle. She seemed to enjoy every minute of this special event in her life. After the ceremony was over, it was time for pictures. While we stood waiting for the photographer to take individual pictures with the Rachel & Kyle, I was talking to Aubrey’s mom whom I had not seen in many years. My simple pink rose was on my purse. Very politely Aubrey asked me if I could give her my pink flower. I wanted to give it to but at the same time I wanted to keep it a little longer. I was a bit torn. Nevertheless, I came up with a solution and I was hoping Aubrey would agree. I explained to her that I wanted to hold on to the pink rose because it was a special gift from my grandson, but that I would give it to her before I left to go home that evening. She agreed. We sealed our deal with a hug. Dinner was delicious and I really enjoyed spending time with my family. Then came time for me to leave. I took the simple pink rose and walked over to Aubrey’s table. She saw me coming and her little face lit up with a big smile. I handed her the flower, and she was thrilled. She gave me a big hug. I asked her if I she was my best friend to which she immediately said yes. We hugged again. I left the wedding venue after having a wonderful time and also knowing this beautiful little girl was thrilled to receive that simple pink rose.

Conclusion: Why did I write a blog about this precious little girl and that simple pink rose? I wrote it to demonstrate that sometimes we can bring so much joy in someone’s life with a simple gesture of love and compassion. In Luke 6:38 the bible says: “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

 

I pray that someone will come in your life just as little Aubrey came into mine, and you will have the opportunity to be the giver of “a simple pink rose”!

 

Thank you and have a blessed day.

Denise


Written and published with Aubrey's mom permission

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing ! So much love came out for your gesture which was very thoughtful of you

    ReplyDelete

Featured Posts

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!   I have been inspired by the comments I received in response to some of my comments, thoughts, feelings and scriptur...