About Me

My photo
Widow, retired missionary, ordained minister, mother, grandmother and great grand mother. My Blog:https://ddeschampsblog.blogspot.ca/

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Celebrate calm

 


“....being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

Calm is so very important so do this:

Refuse to give anyone power over your attitude and mood.

Refuse to allow anyone to dictate your response to them.

Refuse to give anyone the power to change your behavior.

Refuse to allow anyone to steal your peace and joy.

If someone is mean to you, remain kind.

If someone hurts you, forgive, but you no longer have to trust them.

If someone acts like a jerk. Have mercy.

Someone can be bitter. But be grateful that you do not have to live with that poison in your soul.

I cannot tell anyone what to do.

But I can tell you what I am going to do. I will keep calm.

This is self-control. This is humility. This is dignity. This is peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!   I have been inspired by the comments I received in response to some of my comments, thoughts, feelings and scriptur...