About Me

My photo
Widow, retired missionary, ordained minister, mother, grandmother and great grand mother. My Blog:https://ddeschampsblog.blogspot.ca/

Sunday, May 5, 2019

God makes no mistakes !



One day, the king of an African tribe was attacked by a tiger. He was saved only by the intervention of one of his slaves. 
During the attack he lost a finger.

Very angry, he exclaimed: "If God were good, I would not have lost a finger".

His slave, a Christian, replied: "Majesty, God is good, and what He does is wise. 
He never makes a mistake.  

  At these words the sovereign was furious and he imprisoned the slave who had saved his life.

Sometime later, the king was taken prisoner by warriors who offered human sacrifices to their idols. He was going to suffer the same fate and be offered as a sacrifice to the idols.

But when his enemies noticed that he was missing a finger, they released him 
without delay. In their rituals, it was not allowed to sacrifice a victim with a physical defect.

When he returned home, the king ordered the imprisoned slave to be released, and kindly said to him: “God was really good to me. I would have been killed.  It was only because I missed a finger that they let me go.”

 “But I wonder why God allowed me to put you in jail?”

"Majesty," replied the slave,"If I had not been in prison, I would have 
been captured with you and sacrificed for you 
because I have all my fingers.

We often do not understand God's intentions in the situations we live in.

But let us always be assured that:"All things work together for the good of those who love God" (Romans 8:28).

Also Psalm 34:8 says:“Taste and see that the Lord is good! 
Blessed is the man who confides in Him.”

Friends, be encouraged today that whatever you are going through, 
all is well because God makes no mistakes!

Have a great day,

Denise

Please note: I do not claim to have written this text. It was published on April 24th., in a French devotional entitled “The Good Seed 2019” (La Bonne Semence-Edition de France). The author is not indicated. My friend Lucette sent it to me. It so blessed my heart that I decided to translate it in English and pass on the blessing to the ones of you reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!   I have been inspired by the comments I received in response to some of my comments, thoughts, feelings and scriptur...