About Me

My photo
Widow, retired missionary, ordained minister, mother, grandmother and great grand mother. My Blog:https://ddeschampsblog.blogspot.ca/

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Trust the Lord or Worry?


                                                               Trust the Lord or Worry?


When difficult times come our way and they do, we have two options.
We can trust God or we can worry. It seems that the choice is easy to make but in reality it is not always that easy. Worry makes us stressed out and full of fear.

At times, our situations are challenging just because we do not understand what the Lord has in mind for us. Not knowing is difficult for the ones of us who like to have an organized life, with everything in it’s place or time.

We call that “our agenda”, but the Lord calls it: “Trust me!”

During difficult situation, we need to trust God and believe that He is good and faithful. We need to believe that however He does resolve our situation or how long it takes to see Him at work in our situation, His way is the always the best way and so is His timing.

Isaiah 55:8-9 says: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

One morning, about six months after Roger died, I was praying or rather you could say that I was complaining. Nothing made sense to me. I was grieving and lonely. I was disappointed because I had not received the miracle I had prayed for during Roger’s 28 months battle with lung cancer.

At one point during my litany of complaints, I heard the Lord say to me: “Denise, my thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways higher than your ways”.

Those words immediately stopped the complaining. It was immediate. Peace came over me. A peace which I really had not felt in months. Yes, I cried, but somehow those tears were tears of relief from the burden of not trusting God, which I had been carrying.

I stayed there in my chair until I felt HIS peace completely flood my heart, my mind and my spirit. Then I asked for HIS forgiveness.

Did I or do I understand why Roger died, no, I still don’t, but after that morning I never felt the need to ask the Lord the WHY question. I just decided to trust Him! Since that day, His peace about this matter has never left me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!   I have been inspired by the comments I received in response to some of my comments, thoughts, feelings and scriptur...