About Me

My photo
Widow, retired missionary, ordained minister, mother, grandmother and great grand mother. My Blog:https://ddeschampsblog.blogspot.ca/

Monday, October 29, 2018

Keeping the dream alive !



Roger & Denise's testimony 

 


In 1990, with a calling on our lives and a dream in our hearts, my husband Roger and I left Ottawa for the mission field of Tijuana, Mexico. 

We sold everything we had and moved to San Diego, C.A. For 15 years, working as volunteers, we took the Gospel, food and clothing across the Mexican border. Learning the language and the culture helped us bring the love of Jesus and the hope of the Gospel to thousands of poor children in many of Tijuana's poorest shanty towns.

From our very comfortable lives in Ottawa, owning our own Chartered Accountant firm, to helping the poor children of Mexico was  certainly a life changing experience.

Nevertheless, these were also the happiest years of our lives. 

In March of 2008, my precious husband passed away. A non-smoker, he fought a 2 ½ year courageous battle with lung cancer.

He was the love of my life and my best friend. He was a man of strong faith. I still miss him terribly. A few days before he died, I promised him was that I would continue the work we had started together and that I would make him proud. 

I have kept that promise. With the grace of God, I continue to answer God’s call on my life, to honor Roger’s memory.  Daily, I continue to live “our” dream.

I have a team of wonderful Mexican volunteers that are responsible for the daily activities. Together, we continue to feed the kids and teach them the Word of God.

I am very blessed to have the opportunity to continue to help some of the poorest children in Tijuana. With our Spanish curriculum freely available on the Tender Loving Care Children Ministries website, I can also continue to help hundreds of pastors and children workers all over the Hispanic world.

I am also very grateful to the Lord for my family, for my many friends and for our TLCCM partners for their continued prayer and financial support. They help me keep “our” DREAM ALIVE!

Denise
Tender Loving Care Children Ministries website: www.tlccm.net or our email address: tlccm@roger.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!   I have been inspired by the comments I received in response to some of my comments, thoughts, feelings and scriptur...