About Me

My photo
Widow, retired missionary, ordained minister, mother, grandmother and great grand mother. My Blog:https://ddeschampsblog.blogspot.ca/

Monday, August 5, 2024

You have potential!


Philippians 4:13 says:  I can do all this through him who gives me strength”.

You have potential, I have potential. We all have potential!

Our potential is strengthened by a God who is filled with great love for each one of us. We are strengthened by the Lord Himself. With His divine strength, our potential to follow and serve Him is therefore activated in a positive way.

When we are reinforced by God Himself, I like to compare this to an eagle on top of a high mountain waiting for a favorable wind so it can take flight. When that wind comes, the eagle takes flight with strength and confidence that this wind will sustain it. Therefore, as children of God, our potential is manifested in a positive way when we allow “the wind” of the Holy Spirit to strengthen us and take charge of our lives.

Potential, what a crucial word for all of us. It is very important to realize early in life that we have potential. It is also important to always use our potential in a positive fashion. I was an adult when I learned that I had potential. Earlier in my life, I seldom felt that I was meeting the demands made on my life. When I became a teenager, like many other kids that age, I went through a stage of rebellion. I gave up getting good grades in school, I gave up trying to pursue certain projects because I did not believe that I could accomplish them. I gave up because it was easier to give up than to be criticized. I gave up because I did not understand that I had potential. At that time, I also did not have Jesus in my life. 

When I met my husband, he quickly realized that when things got too difficult, I would get discouraged and give up. He was a very quiet man, but a man who was determined to reach his full potential. He decided to help me change. When I had to learn something new, he would always tell me: “Denise, you can do this, you can do it, don’t give up.” With these words of encouragement, I slowly started to pursue dreams and do things I would never have done before.

On September 9th. 1981, I received Jesus as my Savior. With Jesus in my heart, it encouraged me to continue the conquest of pursing and living to my full potential. Always under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, it is possible for us to grasp and use the potential that the Lord gifted each one of us. This permits us to pursue our dreams and follow the call of God on our life. When we have Jesus as Lord, He holds our hand and He helps us. With His help we can do all things through Him who strengthens us.

I have known the Lord for 43 years. During all this time I have also learned a lot about who I am in Christ. I have learned that in God’s eyes, there is no reproach, there is no condemnation. He loves me as I am, and He teaches me how to correct certain areas of my life that need correction. But there is never any condemnation. 

Every time that I had to make changes in my life, the Lord has been gracious, patient and loving during those periods of transition. Therefore, because of the unconditional love of my Heavenly Father, I am free to reach my full potential.

Our mind is a powerful tool. When our mind is free, we realize there is no limit to our potential. We are free to dream big dreams, have great visions and pursue God’s heart more than ever before. If we are not free in our thoughts, then we cannot possibly be fully free.

At times the Lord closes a door, but He never does it without opening another one. With each door He opens, we can always have all that God has for us. I have learned and adapted my vision with the knowledge that even at my age, I can still pursue the call that God has for my life. It is important to understand that when our life changes direction, the potential that the Lord has placed in you and in me never leaves us. In each stage of our life, #1 God is faithful, #2 our potential is ready for new experiences. With each new experience, we quickly notice that many blessings do follow.

In Jeremiah 29:11 it says: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

In closing, I want to say that I think that you are all wonderful God created human beings full of God given potential. Never be afraid to reach for your full potential. It will open doors and it will take you places you cannot even imagine.

Denise

 

(Bible verses are from the New International Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!   I have been inspired by the comments I received in response to some of my comments, thoughts, feelings and scriptur...